I’ve needed some extra help in the motivation department (as I’m sure you’ve read in my other posts) and I particularly need help with motivation when running on a treadmill. I think it’s that I have the numbers right in front of me and I tend to clock watch. I know I’m going to be running on a treadmill quite a lot over the summer and so have updated my running playlist.
I’m always having a google around for people’s running playlists, so thought I would share mine in the hope that it gives someone a bit of inspiration or for someone to have one of those ‘oh I love that song – I’d forgotten all about it’ moments.
It’s on a shuffle, so comes in no particular order. I’m spontaneous that way!
- ‘Dear Future Husband’ by Meghan Trainor
- ‘Uptown Funk’ by Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
- ‘Mr. Brightside’ by The Killers (a uni anthem)
- ‘Running” by Naughty Boy
- ‘Sax’ by Fleur East
- ‘Shake It Off’ by Taylor Swift (classic)
- ‘Alive’ by Sia
- ‘Life’s a Bitch’ by Shooter (which always makes me feel a tad sad!)
- ‘I won’t’ by Little Mix
- ‘Weird People’ by Little Mix
- ‘Wild Ones’ by Rita Ora
- ‘Boom Clap’ by Charli XCX (what kind of name is that?!)
- ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams
- ‘Shut Up and Dance’ by Walk the Moon
- ‘Coming Home’ by Sigma and Rita Ora
- ‘Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself’ by Jess Glynne
- ‘Hold Back the River’ by James Bay
- ‘Keeping Your Head Up’ by Birdy
- ‘Bang Bang’ by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
- ‘Hero’ by Family of the Year
- ‘Problem’ by Ariana Grande
- ‘Titanium’ by David Guetta
- ‘You Belong With Me’ by Taylor Swift (classic)
- ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ by Kelly Clarkson
- ‘Stronger’ by Kelly Clarkson
- ‘Heartbeat Song’ by Kelly Clarkson (I like her for running; she has good scream it in your head songs)
- ‘Sk8er Boi’ by Avril Lavinge (because in my head I’m 12)
- ‘Rather Be’ by Clean Bandit
- ‘Buddy Holly’ by Weezer
- ‘Footloose’ by Kenny Loggins
- ‘Hold My Hand’ by Jess Glynne
- ‘Up’ by Olly Murs
- ‘Stitches’ by Shawn Mendes
- ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ by Justin Timberlake
- ‘Hair’ by Little Mix
- ‘One Dance’ by Drake
- ‘Tears’ by Clean Bandit
- ‘Cheap Thrills’ by Sia
- ‘Treat You Better’ by Shawn Mendes
- ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ by Charlie Puth
- ‘Lush Life’ by Zara Larsson
- ‘Just Like Fire’ by Pink
- ‘Shake It’ by Metro Station
- ‘I’ll Be There For You’ by The Rembrandts (the Friends theme)
- ‘Roar’ by Katy Perry
- ‘Vacation’ by G.R.L
- ‘Pretty Brown Eyes’ by Cody Simpson
- ‘Wake Me Up’ by Avicii
- ‘Black Magic’ by Little Mix
- ‘Lips are Movin’ by Meghan Trainor
This massive list implies that I go running a lot. I don’t really, but like to have an array of songs so that I don’t get bored. Even when I go running with someone I have one earphone in to know when to start/stop the intervals so it’s nice to mix it up with some music.
I also refuse to apologise for my absolutely appalling taste in music. There were two that I was too ashamed to even put on the list. I can’t possibly admit to listening to a bit of Britney and One Direction!
If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I’m always looking to expand 🙂
Happy healthy running.
Around the Corner Fitness.